Saturday, November 14, 2009

My appearance in MAD


Back in 1997 my brother in law and I went to visit my brother Steven who was in the Peace Corps in Gabon West Africa. The experience was truly amazing as he was literally living in the jungle. It was certainly an adventure that I will never forget. I had brought some MAD magazines and Specials with me and decided that we would take a picture. We all 3 of us got behind a huge fallen tree and were pretending to go #2 (as if in some type of communal bathroom) while passing the time reading MAD. I had sent in some clever caption to accompany the picture but with each subsequent issue saw no picture. I figured that they just weren't printing pictures anymore and then one day I picked up #380 from April 1999 and there we were as a type of collage. What I got the biggest kick out of was the fact that the new caption stated "Marten Jallad and friends, Alpharetta Ga" which was where I was living at the time. I travel half way around the world am in the jungle and stage this picture and I could have just been in my backyard the whole time. Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment