Sunday, March 1, 2009

Alfred E. Neuman Gallery


I've loved MAD magazine since I was 10 years old so when I found out that there was an actual magazine with slick covers dedicated to nothing but MAD magazine I was psyched. The Journal of MADness is John Hett's brainchild and debuted in Nov '97. To date there have been 18 single magazine sized issues (stay tuned as a Journal of MADness trade paperback is in the works containing brand new interviews). With covers by the super talented Kent Gamble (CRAZY/CRACKED/MADpanic etc...), interviews with UGOI, articles on fandom and collectibles this magazine truly had the whole package. In early 1998 I subscribed and immediately started to contribute. The following images are just some of the many Alfreds I have drawn over the years.
This painting is from the cover to #8.5 from June 2000.

No comments:

Post a Comment