Friday, February 12, 2010

What type of horse is this?




So my latest foray in collecting is that of MARX Johnny West as I have mentioned before. I realise that a number of head sculpts and figures were actually originally supposed to resemble licensed characters. One such example is the Captain Maddox head sculpt that bears a striking resemblance to Robert Conrad's character James West in Wild Wild West. I came across this poster for the movie "Broken Arrow" starring Jimmy Stewart and also noticed that one of the characters was Geronimo. What struck me was how similar Johnny West lanky frame is and how much it is very similar to that of Jimmy Stewart. Coincidence? I wonder?
As I continue to pick up more and more Marx and Johnny West figures I am starting to find some items that baffle me. One such item is this horse that was obviously taken from the MARX Thunderbolt mold, although this one does not have any Marx stamps and has a hairy main and tail?

No comments:

Post a Comment