Friday, February 19, 2010

Friends of THWAK - Anthony Owsley











I met Anthony Owsley when the THWAK comic book was being compiled back in 2000. I did recognize the name as it was to Anthony's "DRAWL", Atlanta's Comics Newspaper that I had my one of my 1st published pieces appear back in the mid '90's. (It so happened it was on Cannibalism, a theme that I would revisit many a time over the years).
DRAWL was everywhere during its run and really helped many new and underground artists have a voice and an audience within its pages. As a result of this Anthony's work has been quite prolific in the Atlanta area over the years. Anthony's work is quirky, ladened with pop culture references while still managing to comment on society with humor and intelligence.
Check out the above samples from THWAK, CRACKED, greeting cards and on line submissions. Enjoy - I sure do!

No comments:

Post a Comment