Friday, July 24, 2009

MAD magazine Displays












Here are some pictures from back in '99 of me in my studio/toy room. Most of my MAD collection has long since been sold off, although I do still have a decent amount of vintage magazines and records with art by the UGOI left if anyone is interested.
I wanted to be able to rotate my wall of magazines so I ended up using wire shelf racks. The edge/lip on the ends were perfect for standing the books up. The nice thing about this was that the "scenary" could be completely changed whenever I was ready for something else. Here are a few of the many wall displays, including all Mingo covers, Rickard, Don Martin, Mort Drucker and a variety of record album covers by MAD alumni.
The room has morphed many times over the years, at one point literally every square inch from floor to ceiling (including the ceiling) was covered with a variety of toys, artwork, magazines and posters. It has since been "tamed down" a bit. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment