Sunday, July 5, 2009

Friends of THWAK - Ben Boling









Every now and then one comes across a talent that is just spectacular. You can't help but go WOW!!! this guys good! I've had this experience numerous times, and this artist Ben Boling is surely one of those WOW! artists.
I met Ben shortly after THWAK magazine #1 came out and he contacted me about how to submit. Needless to say that once I saw his work I was honored to have his art grace THWAK's pages. Ben's work appeared on the back, inside front, interior and the front cover (see THWAK #3 "All Monster Issue" some posts back). Once I made the move to CRACKED I brought Ben and a number of other THWAKsters with me. Ben took on the task of continuing the Chip Hacker strip (I'll post all these in a future post) as well as numerous other features. After CRACKED folded Ben contributed to JOKESTER and most recently the THWAK Bonfire of Insanity Collection trade paperback.
In addition to the above Ben has done plenty of other freelance work, logos, concept work and his work is featured regularly at the Alcove gallery http://www.alcovearts.com/alcove/index.html here in Atlanta.
The 4 images above are 1) color page from CRACKED #362, 2) a direct prod at the appalling picture of Private England dehumanising a prisoner CRACKED #364, 3)Christmas card 4) color gag
For more of Ben's work check out http://bennygraphix.com/galleries.htm and be prepared to be entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment