Tuesday, June 2, 2009

At play in the Game Room




Here's what has become a typical fun afternoon for me and my two "little ladies" after acquiring some new Johnny West/Marx action figures.
This particular event happened a couple of days after the latest JOElanta Action Figure and GI JOE show http://www.joelanta.com/ I picked up a boxed BOTW Johnny West (excellent condition) as well as a Sam Cobra (which I'm turning into James West from "Wild Wild West") , a pancho pony, a couple of Janice's for my girls and a Stony Smith, plus tons of accessories.
It seems that lately I have been able to pick up a number of interesting figures and horses, some from e.bay and more through trading with the local GI Joe club here in Hotlanta.
Luckily I also have "scouts" out there keeping their eyes open for Johnny West and his pals at Flea markets, Garage sales and Antique stores.
My girls and I love cleaning years of grime off everything, then organizing all accessories, "dressing the figures" and finally trying to mend or paint them. What great fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment