Sunday, May 3, 2009

Some things ya just gotta do twice!




What can I say, I've always loved Dinosaurs and who doesn't think that the T-Rex is one mean ominous predator? The idea for this gag was originally conceived on some scrap paper while I was visiting my parents in the '80's when they lived in Saudi Arabia. It went through a few redrawings until it finally appeared in print on the back of the THWAK comic book. All my contributions to that issue were under the Organized Chaos banner. (I always liked the logo for that. Notice how organized is a clean readable clean font where chaos is a little wilder). The piece was colored by Brad McGinty who layed that issue out.
While at CRACKED it was redrawn and was to appear in issue #366 which unfortunately never happened so it was included in JOKESTER in 2005. I like them both, although seeing them side by side I wish the 2nd one could have been colored.

No comments:

Post a Comment