Saturday, May 30, 2009

Friends of THWAK - Richard Parks


Here's another one of the many talented artist/writers that I have run into over the years. Richard Parks has been drawing for many years in a variety of styles, including the very time consuming stippling technique. His artwork appeared in THWAK #1 & 2 and most recently in the "THWAK Bonfire of Insanity Collection" trade paperback.

I first became acquainted with Richard while I was building up my MAD collection in the mid 90's , before e.bay collectors would send around their "for sale lists". Anyhow I purchased some things from him at that point. Then later on found out that he was contributing to the MAD fanzine MADlog MindSnack. Richard was one of the first artists I met that went out and self published his own book, and was nice enough to systematically explain how he did it. The results of his efforts is the collection above that is filled with a hilarious look at some very unorthodox ways of using condoms for "other" purposes. E.mail him at rrpquixote@juno.com to get your copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment