Saturday, September 4, 2010

Vintage plastic still has that Adventuring spirit!












Who said Action Man didn't have as many adventures as GI Joe? This adventurer seems to have gotten more than his fair share on his way to Safari Base 11. This is actually my only surviving Action Man that I got back in '71 or '72. As you can see he has some play wear and a little blood added for realism courtesy of my bro who is 9 yrs younger than I and inherited my toys for a while until I snatched them all back!!!!
The bugs, if you haven't already guessed it are molted cicada skins that my daughter Sierra and I pulled off half a dozen trees in our yard. I got the idea from a real creepy show on the Discovery channel last year that was shot as if it were filmed by someone with a video camera who was able to film some outlandish creatures before they met their demise. One episode had a guy being bitten by a Komodo Dragon and then as the poison set in he became weaker and weaker until he was tracked down and eaten by the huge lizard. The one that inspired the photo shoot involved these huge centipedes that where like 3-4 feet long and how they killed a whole bunch of soldiers on some island in South America before some of them crawled onto a boat floating to who knows where? Could be your neck of the woods......

No comments:

Post a Comment