Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Don Martin's "The Bug"











There's no hiding it, Don Martin was and always will be my absolute favorite cartoonist. I, like many others imitated his style as a child and his wacky characters are really what inspired me to draw and create some of my own weirdness.
Over the years I have collected as much Don Martin imagery as I can get my hands on and still continue to find things I never knew existed. There are a couple of great fan sites out there as well as the Don Martin website that announces up upcoming "Completely CRACKED Don Martin". Hopefully this will become a reality for all us fans.
I have decided to start a series on this little blog, dedicated to Don Martin's art. The decision as to what piece to kick it all off with was easy. Just look at the title of my studio and the sound effect in this unpublished piece, most probably from the late '60's or early '70's - my favorite era of Don's style. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment