Sunday, December 6, 2009

Respects to Steve Irwin

I was just sitting here in my studio looking at the spinning magazine rack when I couldn't help but smile at this cover to Australian MAD #389 which makes gentle fun of one of Australia's home grown heroes, Steve Irwin. I guess when you really think about it this man really did so much for conservation and animal rights by showing us in his own quirky way how important and beautiful all creatures are. Not to mention his great accent and wild enthusiasm! Yeah he was someone I certainly respected.

As a result of my publishing THWAK, and my love of MAD magazine I was able to become acquainted with Australian MAD editor DJ Williams and from time to time we send each other packages of some of our latest projects. The above issue came in one such package. I certainly hope that Australian MAD with much of its own original content can and will continue on a monthly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment