Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Frankenstein and The Wolf Man Toy show poster







One thing about putting on the Great Atlanta Toy Show that was so cool was the show posters that we'd commission to be drawn. For me it was great to combine my two loves: art and toy collecting. This piece was done by artist Dave Newton (THWAK/CRACKED/SCARY MONSTERS).
I asked him to emulate that classic image from the movie Frankenstein meets the Wolf man with Lon Cheyney Jr.but to throw in some type of toy that they were fighting over. It seemed a fine image to parody, kinda silly for these tough brutes to be wrestling over a pink cuddly bunny! Initially Frankenstein's head seemed a little too skinny so Dave modified it to the final ready to print poster. This 11x17 poster is one of many that adorns my studio wall and is without a doubt my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment