Saturday, August 1, 2009

Promoting THWAK - Editing CRACKED


Here's a picture of Ben Boling (artist extraordinaire) and myself at the Atlanta Comic Con back in 2004. I had already acquired space to promote THWAK many months earlier when I found out that Dick Kulpa (CRACKED magazine owner) was also going to be set up at the show. It was to be the second and final time that I would actually meet with him, the first time being some months earlier at his home and CRACKED headquarters in Florida, where we decided upon some of the material for the 1st issue that I was involved with( #362).
At this particular meeting I had the pleasure of working on editing the dummy copy from the printers of our next issue #363 which incidentally Dick had blown up the cover to as a backdrop to his booth at the show. It looked spectacular! - Kent Gamble got lots of Kudos that day as his cover to THWAK #4 (see the pic) was also on display. The great thing about this day was the fact that I was able to view the whole book prior to it going to the printers and make any necessary adjustments, correct any grammatical errors etc. This would be the only time that happened and I felt that this particular issue stands apart from the rest in that sense because of it.
While at the show Dick got to meet some of the other great local artists now at CRACKED like Ben Boling, Dave Newton and Anthony Owsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment